SAASSAP Awards 2022
The South African Association of Senior Student Affairs Professionals (SAASSAP) aims to recognise Student Affairs Professionals that contribute to the holistic student growth, development and student success in the South African Higher Education context by influencing policy, mobilizing, and leveraging stakeholders, resources, knowledge creation, and innovation.
Voting and Nomination Criteria for the Categories
People’s Choice Awards
This category is for the public to nominate and vote for their desired candidates and institution of choice. The two categories are listed below:
1. The most visible, relevant, and cool Department of Student Affairs (DSA) in the country – To vote for the institution of your choice click vote now below and select your institution. You are allowed to vote as many times as possible. The winning DSA will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in East London on the 3rd of December 2022.
2. The most passionate Student Affairs and Services Professional – The public is given the opportunity to nominate any professional currently working in the Department of Student Affairs. Each nomination counts as a single vote. However, you are free to vote as many times as possible. The top three candidates will be invited to the awards ceremony in East London where the winner will be announced.
This category is reserved for departments in Student Affairs that have exhibited exceptional, creative and innovative work in the period of 2021 to 2022 and therefore qualify to be awarded the most innovative award in any of the below divisions/units of Student Affairs. All universities are urged to submit – Deans/Directors of DSA are urged to motivate their Heads of Departments/Divisions/Units to submit.
An appointed independent panel will decide on the winners based on the concept document which can be accessed by clicking here. The submission for consideration must be accompanied by:
a) A written motivation of not more than 500 words
b) A pre-recorded PowerPoint presentation
c) A portfolio of evidence:- reports/pictures/videos that demonstrate evidence for the selected category application.
1. Student Well-being
2. Living and Learning Initiative
3. Universal Access and Inclusion
4. Student Leadership Development
Click to directly share to your social media of choice